09 October 2008

Work Diet

I started a new job this week! I'm eating more to compensate for the increased activity, and maintaining my weight fairly well. Trouble is, I come home from work too exhausted to rub two thoughts together, and this blog suffers as a result. The best I can do right now is to tell you what my diet is like.

I get up at 5am and have a bowl of cereal. At noon I have lunch, which is the same thing every day. I make a mammoth batch on Sunday so I can just pull a container out of the 'fridge on my way out the door during the week. This week it's tricolor rotini with cheddar sausage and mushrooms in an alfredo sauce. I scarf that down with a bottle of vitamin water. When I get home from work at 4, I put another cheddar sausage under the broiler and slather its (potato bread) bun with mayo and relish. Juice or hot chocolate lubricate that meal, and there may or may not be a slice of something sweet before bed, depending on how much my sister's been cooking lately. She made apple spice cake a few days ago, so that's been my dessert.

Some of you are probably having a heart attack just reading this entry. My diet is high in fats, I know. My job keeps me active, and fats provide a ton of fuel for the body, so they're kind of necessary for me. Granted, I could switch over to unsaturated fats as opposed to the meat and dairy I love, but... well, I'm picky. Most unsaturated fats are found in things like fish and nuts, both of which I hate, and vegetable oils, which are hard to find in products I actually like to eat.

I've probably said it before, and I'll probably say it again: I'm not going to eat foods I don't like just to stay "healthy." I will eat what I like, in amounts that are as balanced as I can get them while still maintaining my energy level and weight, and if I find something healthier that works for me, I'll incorporate that into the diet. I'm happy with that.

And I love my new job!

No comments: